18.10.11

crave you

uh-oh. not this again... for some reason autumn always puts me in a peculiar, wicked mood. not sure if I'm going to fight or embrace it. one thing is certain, crisp cold mornings make my first coffee (and other things) taste that much better.

on a lighter note, I started my evening swedish classes last week. about time, you might say! jag talar lite svenska nu :)

+ does anyone have any recommendations for the best places to eat/have coffee in brighton? I'm going for a day-trip next weekend. late october might not strike you as the best time, but my mom is coming to town and we wanted to do something different. also, as per jamie's city guide:

"you haven’t really seen Brighton in all its aching, melancholic glory until you’ve walked from Palace Pier along the deserted seafront into neighbouring Hove, or ducked out of the rain into Marrocco’s Italian cafe for a warming hot chocolate or even a scoop of their top-notch homemade ice cream"

that sold it. 'aching' and 'melancholic' really appeal to me these days ;)



26 comments:

  1. One of my best meals ever was at Terre a Terre in Brighton. It is widely considered the best vegetarian restaurant in the UK, if not Europe, even meat eaters love it. I thoroughly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard many great things about that place, your recommendation sold it - just booked a table... as a non-meat eater I hope to be spoiled for choice (for once! :)) dzieki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uwielbiam te zdjęcia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. like the photography, sound, your blog... so inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  5. such pretty inspiration and lovely words <3 peace

    http://lovelyboheme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos;) particularly a bed by the window! Remarkable, I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such amazing pictures! I'm just dying for some cloudy, rainy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks a lot, everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful shots!i remember me the song "november rain" of the guns and roses

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!

    Elise
    http://www.thechampagnewishes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful collection of mood pictures. "aching and melancholic glory" sounds beautiful. My brother went to uni at Sussex in Brighton but that was years ago.

    http://thefoolishaesthete.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just out of curiosity: are these Your pictures, or found in the Internet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi - these were collected from the internet, mostly on two sites (hence the footnote). I post my own photos once in a blue moon...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi

    We went to the Tea Cosy in Brighton recently for afternoon tea.....it was lovely, highly recommended.

    http://www.theteacosy.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these pictures are amazing. perfect autumnal pictures. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. ha, how funny to find my own picture here! :) nie daj sie zimnu.

    ReplyDelete
  17. nie wiedziałam - dołożyłam source :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. przepiękne zdjęcia <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, wow...these photos are incredibly beautiful. I so wish to be there! Melancholic glory indeed, it's absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. aaa the last picture is from the edge of love !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cudny klimat maja te zdjęcia...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Foods is very important thing in our life. We need healthy and testy Food very much. You know Chinese Food is very testy to take. But also Bengali Food & Indian Food is really good. Bengali Food& Indian Foodis like to similar. Another Food have like that Italian Food, Japanese Food, Greek Food, Spanish Food is also very testy. You can get here all Food Recipes in this site.

    ReplyDelete