18.12.10

to czas przebudzenia, zmiana pola widzenia

today was a good day, I finally made it to the slope after a year-long break from skiing. it was so beauitiful, frosty air, icy blue sky and mist coming down from the mountains. I feel totally in my element on the slope.

anyway, I'm finally home for a bit, after truly terrible two days of journey. it included cancelled flights, going to different airports, massive delays, missing connecting flights by 10min, freezing while wating for transport to the hotel on a cold night in munich, more dalays, etc etc. they say in such circumstances acceptance is the only path to serenity, but it's easier said than done.
one positive aspect of this miserable munich layover was coming to the conclusion that german men are quite possibly the most handsome. this is what I have suspected for a long time now, but it never hurts to update your research. still true.

in an effort not to write about dear jamie o. in every post, I will not mention that I'm rewatching 'jamie at home' dvds and they're still beautifully inspiring. instead, I will tell you that I saw inception the other day and how underwhelming I found it. I can't help feeling that they had a great concept, but somehow the execution could do with more sophistication, it somehow lacked that mad touch of genius. with such a fascinating idea they could have really created a total mindfuck, pardon my french, but what we actually get is another action movie with clever bits. also, I would have changed most of the cast, but that's another issue.

speaking of mindfucks, I'm going to catch up on misfits. have a brilliant sunday! I think these go well together. winter breakfast and frosty glasgow.


SE▲'s flickr

Inès' flickr


17 comments:

  1. Amazing photos, make me miss Sweden a bit when i see the snow..but a sunny shanghai works as well..
    Merry christmas!
    xo Nina
    http://amazedandconfused.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. zimowo, tak delikatnie, pięknie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Akurat wracam z Twojego bloga, mam smak na tę kawę...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pięknie! Miłego pobytu w domu:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so lovely!
    www.wenevergrowup.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i miss your blogspot presence very very much. tumblr isnt the same. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, anon - it's feels good to be missed. Posting will probably resume sometime soon, now that I'm back in London and finished my exams. Watch this space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your banner and your blog, just found it! Come visit us at www.bornandbread.blogspot.com. We're doing a giveaway today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great photos! Maybe you'll like mine??

    http://theprofessionalphotographer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm usually not much into Jamie O. but I just watched Jamie Oliver's School Food and loved it. And I have to disagree and say that I find Scandinavian men to be the most handsome (but I might be biased :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  11. They come a very close second on my list. But then again I think all Scandinavians are almost ridiculously good looking, it's actually a bit intimidating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jak zawsze pieknie inspirujacy post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore your blog, I'm following!

    would love you to enter my amazing giveaway:

    http://thoroughlymodernmilly5.blogspot.com/2011/02/best-gievaway-yet-ida-restaurant-pasta.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete