14.11.10

I love the sound of you walking away

some things I've been enjoying lately:
  • many good books, including: 'everything is illuminated' and 'extremely loud & incredibly close' by jonathan safran foer, 'cosmos' by carl sagan, 'rifke. an improbable life' by rosalie wise sharp.
  • so happy that my favourite contestant in Poland's Got Talent got through yesterday. his voice is like a golden afternoon at the beach, a melting chocolate fondant, sipping baileys on a winter day curled up in front of the fireplace, like everything's gonna be alright no matter what. god, I sound like a crazy groupie. check out his first performace here and the one from yesterday's semi-finals here.
  • crisp and sunny almost-winter days in the square mile, the buzz and energy is palpable.
  • alex kapranos sounds especially good in november, tried and tested over the years.
  • as always, self-promotion time - since I often abandon this place, you can find me at nonchalance almost every day. I've just installed an elegant new theme that supports large format photos, so I'm pretty smitten with that space.
  • last but not least, here's to someone who doesn't have my issues with irregular blogging - check out this male fashion blog run by Lucas from sweden.



benoit peverelli for elle china may 2010

8 comments:

  1. I can sign below what you said about K.Bednarek.. Though, I also have a weakness for P.Lisiecki. He reminds me about Johny Cash.

    I've been inside that bookstore from 1st picture! <3

    very inspiring blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aa i love the light and the effect with the window !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" is probably my favorite book ever. Everything about it is perfect. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh U have a really nice blogg :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, i always feel like i need a cup of tea and a sit down when i read your blog. I want to read it, re-read it ...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you!
    Lila, that is one of the sweetest comments I have ever received :)

    ReplyDelete