20.5.10

symmetry.

just a couple of photos shot from my balcony at home. using a cell phone, what a disgrace ;) but I quite like that hazy golden effect. anyway, they're here because they evoke good memories :)

I was catching the last rays of sun just after a big storm, a mug of hot chocolate in hand.

although it's been barely ten days since my return from home in Poland to london, this moment feels ages away.

my 1,5 month long stay at home helped me sort out many things, just like I hoped it would. first of all, it proved that indeed, I am not cut out for life in this, or any other country other than my own :)

a propos changing your life and moving closer to the nature... there's a wonderful book that takes me away form this grey city to a tiny village in the south of france. it's called "a table in the tarn: living, cooking and entertaining in south-west france" by orlando murrin.

it's not particularly new, but I'm a cook book junkie and have an urge to acquire as many as possible. and this one has been patiently awaiting its turn on the shelf :) although you might call it a cook book, there's so much more to it... in a nutshell, it's a tale of two englishmen leaving their busy lives in the city to open a guest-house in a tiny french village.

I'm a sucker for stories about escapes to the country, renovating old houses, gardens and cooking, so it's right up my alley. recommend it to everyone, incredibly warm and uplifting :)

back to revising. four exams to go! ahh.



5 comments:

  1. Hello!

    My name is Grace and I’m e-mailing you because I saw your blog (read it and loved it of course!) and thought that you might be interested in blogging about the launch of an online fashion community/store called Sway.com!

    Sway.com is a website where the member is the fashion buyer and designer! Sway members will be able to vote on a look and critique it. The look with the most votes will then get produced. Then the pieces will be sold to our members for 24-hours at wholesale price. After the 24-hour “flash sale”, the pieces will be sold at full retail price for non-members.

    For spreading the word you will be able to get a free dress and/or accessories as well as deals for all your friends as you get people to sign up on our website. We launch the site this Friday! If someone you refer to sign up purchases a piece from Sway, we will give you a free dress! We at Sway would love and appreciate you forever if you helped us spread the word using your fashion blog, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

    My direct e-mail is grace@sway.com. Please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions that you may have. Also, if you could let me know if this is something you would be interested in doing that would be great! If you are interested, I will send you some images of our models in our clothing and a behind the scenes video from one of our photo shoots.

    I really appreciate your time in reading this and I hope to hear from you soon!

    Cheers,
    Grace
    grace@sway.com

    www.sway.com - Launching this Friday, May 21st
    http://vimeo.com/11416580

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, the natural light in these pictures is just so beautiful
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Komórką. Z balkonu. Przepiękne. I jakie światło.
    Cook book junkie-coś o tym wiem;)
    A opis tej książki bardzo mi się podoba. Byłam w okolicach Tarn:) Więc tym bardziej:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what cellphone are you using? these took my breath away. all the best with exams. i just did one on tues. i go thru the hell on earth about twice every half a year. still a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you're talented! This is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete