24.4.09

keep the wind at your back and the sun on your face




ryan aylsworth

I hope I'm not too old for lolita style sunglasses.
random story: my middle name used to be lolita - it was chosen by my godfather, who was 20 at the time. my parents were 21, so they didn't really object (actually it was a toss between lolita and mercedes...). when I was about to go to school, mom and dad decided the name was a bit too controversial, so they changed it. little did they know that the paperwork somehow got lost and it was only two years ago, when I was getting a new passport in the city hall, that I found out I was officially still named anna lolita ;P so perhaps I have a permission to wear those shades anyway.
update: I was going back home from lunch, texting somebody, when I looked up and saw a familiar face. in my head I was going through my to-do list for this afternoon, so I didn't really pay attention to the world around me, as usual, and just for a split second I thought to myself: "oh, that's lara stone". then I processed it properly and took a better look at the girl and I'm 99% sure it was in fact her :) maybe my neighbourhood is not so lame after all.

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for your commment - your idea for a pink post sounds amazing, I hope you don't let my post delay you - I guess in some way we all get influenced in our ideas by what we see out there which inspires us and a lot of us are reading the same blogs, looking at the same magazines, websites, flickr etc which is probably why we both had the same idea for a pink post.....other than pink being such a heavenly colour:)

    Loving this editorial, esp the top picture and Lolita is one of the best middle names I've heard, there are probably a lot of girls wishing they had that name - celebrate it:)I have a friend named Aragorn, really - by his parents and he's always used his name - so don't feel bad:) Can't believe it's already Friday again - have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some heart shaped sunglasses this summer!its a must

    Please click here to visit me at Vintage Tea!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i just fell in love with your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha such good random stories! lolita is a fab name, i think. and lara stone! that's crazy!!

    xo
    meg

    p.s. i don't think you're too for lolitas, they're so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lolita is such a pretty name :-) lara stone ? it's crazy !!! these pictures are fabulous <3
    sorry for my bad english
    love from france

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. i think lolita is such a unique name to have.

    such beautiful photos. i think the sunglasses look very cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NEVER!!! TOO OLD FOR LOLITA SUNNIES!
    NEVER!!

    awesome photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I put your blog in my favourites links , hope you don't mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos! i don't think you can never be to old for lolita sunnies, especially if you're anna lolita:)

    Flanelli

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this one. yellow heart shaped sunglasses <3

    xo
    Re: oh you're smart girl! and I'm glad to hear that ;-) no, I've never been to Prague. but I'm obesessed with it. how lucky, you've been there for countless times? gimme some of your luck, dear :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pretty sure I just turned MAJORLY green with envy. 1). Your middle name is Lolita! SO cool. and 2). Lara Stone? AMAZING.

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are beautiful

    www.littlemissdressup.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh ! i just bought some white lolita sunnies the other day :):):)
    definitely get some .
    those photos are gorgggge .

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOur middle name was Lolita!??!? HOW FABULOUS! ...great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is such a great post , i love the pictures.
    I'm also a huge fan of you blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. how funny, i just ordered sunglasses like this a few hours ago. so cute!

    linked you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, that's so cool that your name is originally lolita! Crazy story, and I love those glasses too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful photos! and anna lolita is a wonderful name

    ReplyDelete